Saturday, August 19, 2017

I'm back!!

Hi there

I'm back from my overseas holiday.  I arrived two days ago.  As I emerged from the plane in Wellington, I had a headache.  By the time I got home, my nose was running.  As I got into bed (it was midnight), my throat started to hurt.  The following morning, I felt ... yuck!!!! 

I had a great time in Las Vegas but I don't think I can handle the heat there anymore.  It's time to say farewell, I figure.  When I'm happily on holiday I forget to eat and drink and I got totally dehydrated one day.  I felt so awful!

Other days, of course, I did remember to eat -




I went to Universal Studios in Los Angeles and saw the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction - the butterbeer was sooooo delicious:





 and I visited Paramount Studios where I got transported .....  Yep, Star Trek.



...


I saw Cher singing her classic hits in the same costumes as her early videos.  She arrived on stage riding an elephant (fake).  Here' a very blurry picture -



I had lots of nice meals and some terrible ones.  I met many lovely people -  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Americans are so-so-so polite.

My plane from Australia to Los Angeles had to deviate to Honolulu to get our toilets fixed, adding three hours to the schedule.  Ugggghhh.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment