Friday, January 12, 2018

My fave Wellington view, Kapiti Island

Hi there

One of my favourite views in the whole of New Zealand is that very first glimpse I get of Kapiti Island that I see on the way out of Wellington as I'm driving along Highway No 1.  Suddenly seeing the island appear, sometimes surrounded in mist, is almost a magical moment ....

Unfortunately, I couldn't take a photo of my favourite view because it's a narrow road, with lots of traffic and I'm always driving (and in a hurry to go somewhere).  But last week, I stopped off for lunch at Fisherman's table which is in Paekakariki and the restaurant has a nice view of the island -


Kapiti can be visited - and it's a great place to hike - but I think you still have to buy a ticket in advance from DOC (Dept of Conservation)









No comments:

Post a Comment