Saturday, March 10, 2018

Kaiteriteri, Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand

Hi there



above: taken from balcony at my upgrade apartment.

I spent a week at Kaiteriteri Beach, on the edge of the Abel Tasman National Park at the top of the South Island of New Zealand.  Unfortunately one day before I left for my holiday I came up with flu/cold/virus/what-have-you that lasted the entire week.

I sniffled, snuffled, sneezed, coughed my way around the place.  I felt so ill, but my holiday was costing so much, I was darned if I wasnt going to do all the things I'd planned on doing.  I forced myself to hike, swim, boat.  Hiking was a bit horrendous as I only had one good eye.  The sea temperature was 21c which was great.  From a boat I saw orca and a baby seal.

I was staying in an en suite cabin at the Kaiteriteri Reserve Holiday Park.  My cabin was about a thirty second walk to the sea.  I loved that en suite cabin.  It had a back and front door, a deck, tv, linen and exit cleaning provided.

There was a mix up with bookings so on the very last night I was tranferred to a very (very) posh apartment that overlooked the beach and was about a 10 second walk away from the sea.

Kaiteriteri Beach is the leaving point for boat trips up and down the Abel Tasman National Park coastline, stopping passengers off at various places so they can hike or swim for a few hours and be picked up at a different beach later in the day, or at the same beach.

There is nothing really at Kaiteriteri Beach except for a tiny Four Square supermarket and two restaurants.  There are rental houses and lodges dotted around but none as close to the sea as the holiday park.



 above:  the restaurant, "Kai",  (Kai is food in Maori) at Kaiteriteri Beach.

The views in and around the National Park are so beautiful.







above:  My Kaiteriteri Reserve upgrade unit was the upstairs front one.  These apartments are directly across the road from the beach.  The holiday park proper where I had an en suite unit was directly to the right as you look at the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment