Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Flashback!

Hi there

I wanted to call this Deja Vue but I can't spell it!

Do you remember last winter when the changing sheds at Hataitai Beach were closed whilst there was an upgrade?  The upgrade was supposed to take six weeks, and in the end it took three months?  In the interim, all the winter swimmers had to change on the beach (in the freezing cold, with icy fingers that wouldn't do up buttons or zips, and toes like icicles).   Or they had to dash into their cars in soaking bathing suits.

Now ... the same thing has happened this year!  I arrived yesterday  all kitted out for my swim to find the changing shed door bolted, chained and padlocked.

The Wellington City Council are putting a new roof on the changing shed/toilets. A sign says it shouldn't take longer than a month.  I wonder, does this mean two months?

I pointed out to The WCC that in tv house renovation programmes, a roof could be put on in one day -

"- but there's asbestos in our ceiling, so it will take longer." the WCC bloke told me.

So, beloved readers, should we say a wait of a couple of months?


Above: photo taken pre last year's renovation.  Note there was no showerhead.  The WCC confiscated it  during the summer water shortage.







No comments:

Post a Comment