Friday, January 22, 2021

Little girls and Barbie

 Hi there

I was in The Warehouse at Lyall Bay Retail Park last week.  A little  girl of about four came barreling past me from the back of the shop, her pink princess dress all caught up around her in a bunch;  I feared she would trip over the tulle.   Her eyes were fastened intently on a display stand that was just in front of me.

"Barbie!  Barbie!". The little girl skidded to a halt.  Her parents hurried to catch up.

The child's excitement was appealing.  Did she perhaps crave a Mermaid Barbie, I wondered ?  Or  Cinderella Barbie?  Maybe  Astronaut Barbie?  Or Business woman Barbie?  

I turned to look at the stand.

Huh?

The stand was full of barbecue accessories.  Spatulas, and the like.  As in, 'put another shrimp on the ....'

Kids nowadays, eh?  It must have been difficult last Christmas picking out a present for this little princess?






No comments:

Post a Comment