Monday, November 29, 2021

Wearing masks for Covid

 In my last blog, I mentioned the trouble I had filling out a declaration sticker on a parcel, and how I kept having to go back to the NZ Post agency counter until I got it right.  Well...

A month or so ago I had a hospital appointment.  I entered the building wearing a material mask with images of cute cats cavorting.

A guy at the sign-in booth said, "You're not allowed that mask."  Briskly, he handed me a surgical one.  You know the type:  blue and white with a soft wire running inside the top hem.

 I took off my pretty cat mask and slapped on the surgical one.

" You're wearing it inside out, " said the guy.

I reversed the mask, tucked the cords safely behind my ears and patiently waited for him to write me out an entry sticker.

He said "your mask is upside down."

Everyone within hearing distance sniggered .


I'm going to have my second cataract operation tomorrow.  Wish me glad tidings that I don't do  things wrong at the hospital.  Working on my current  form, I will  probably have  to fill in the admission papers  a multitude of times.  





No comments:

Post a Comment