Saturday, November 19, 2022

My day in Paraparaumu

 Hi there.

The Young One has left me alone at Hataitai Beach and moved to Paraparaumu, about an hour up the line.  The Kapiti Coast is a lovely area and usually a couple of degrees, or more, warmer than Wellington. The People on the Kapiti Coast wear shorts in October and November, wow...

It's a very relaxed area, with a nice walk path along many kms of beach -


My one grump about the sea area of The Kapiti Coast is the debris - all the twigs, feathers, bits of seashell, etc - that is in the water as you wade into the sea.  If you swim out a way, the water becomes cleaner.  A Kapiti resident told me all the debris is coming down from Wanganui, via the rivers.

The Young One, J, and myself were swimming buddies for many years, especially through the winters.  

It's my 13th year winter swimming.  But I don't know if I will continue with it next year, without my friends. Not to mention the fact - well, here, I am, mentioning it - that the cold, after a swim, gets into your bones for hours afterwards. 



No comments:

Post a Comment