Sunday, December 11, 2022

New Plymouth Holiday

 Hi there

I've just returned from another little holiday (another?  Yes, please don't dwell on it...).

I stayed at the Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park, in an en suite/kitchen cabin.  I love to stay here because of the glorious view.  And because it's right next to the Coastal Walkway.

I walked a heck of a lot along the walkway.  And I ate a lot, my favourite being the dinner buffet at Marbles Restaurant, Devon Hotel.

And I went to Gusto for lunch.

"Do you want to sit outside or inside?" asked the hostess.  She was looking terribly excited, almost bouncing on her high heels with barely-suppressed joy.

"Um...  Outside?"

"The women's rugby world cup winners are sitting outside!  With -"  She paused dramatically.  "With their World Cup!!!"

I chose to sit outside.  There were three rugby players, with the cup on the table between them.

What lovely young ladies, so full of happiness over their win.  

The players insisted on taking my photo with the cup...




No comments:

Post a Comment