Saturday, January 14, 2023

My love for Elvis

 Hi there

From about age 12 until, well ... now, I have loved Elvis.  That love was all encompassing when I was a young teen, and nowdays it's more a nostalgic memory kind of love

I do remember thinking "What will I do when he gets engaged?  Married?  Aw, no...    Oh, my goodness, I'm not even going to think about any of that...

Rumour had it that he was going to marry Juliet Prowse, his co-star in "GI Blues" and I was positively devastated.  But that rumour went away.  Phew...

When he did announce that he was marrying Priscilla, my heart gave a little skip for the past and I just thought "Oh, that's nice.  She's pretty."

On the day Elvis passed away, the 'girls' in the typing room told me that they'd taken bets I would wear black the following day.  I did wear black, but I don't think it was to do with Elvis.  I wore mostly black every day because shades of that colour made me look thinner.

And now...  Lisa Marie Presley has died.  Elvis's daughter had such big shoes to fill.  

I went to Las Vegas about five years ago when there was an exhibition of Elvis memorabelia, provided by Priscilla.


above: Lisa Marie's baby clothes.

RIP Lisa-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment