Saturday, April 29, 2023

Hataitai Beach. Again

 Hi there

Huffing and puffing, struggling and cursing, and banging my head twice, I cleaned everything out from my car's boot ('trunk', if you're American).  I did a magnificent job, and hopefully I never have to do it again for another ten years.

I decided, to go to the beach. I grabbed my bag, and a towel, counted off the three things I definitely have to take with me - wallet, keys, and phone - and shot off to Hataitai Beach.

Oh, no, I'd forgotten the most important item when going for a swim -

my swimsuit...

Not to worry, there was a!ways my 'emergency swimming bag' in the car's boot ... Oh, no!

My beach friends were sort of sympathetic. " Sorry about that", they said.  And "There'll be another day" .  And "Haha, you were stupid ".

But my four readers of this blog may remember a few years back when I was in the same situation?  I came up with an idea...  

So I just may be able to recreate that idea on this day, providing I had the right ingredients in my overly-stuffed beach bag. Most of the gear in my bag, had been in it the entire season, so I had high hopes.

I stepped into an upside-down lycra t-shirt, legs through the arm-holes.  I donned a hip-length lycra zip-up jacket...

And I had a great swim.







No comments:

Post a Comment