Saturday, September 21, 2024

Population of New Zealand

 Hi there

When I holidayed with my mum in Sydney, Australia, in the early 1960s, we went on a bus tour around the city.  I was absolutely agog when the courier told everyone that the population of Sydney was well over a million. At the time, the population of the whole of New Zealand was just over 2 million.  How could so many people fit into Sydney?  A population of a million in one city was just too populous a number for me to understand.

Nowadays, the population of Sydney is five million, and the population of New Zealand is just over 4 million. When I go to Sydney for a musical show, I'm jammed in with people everywhere throughout  the city.  It's mainly tourists of which I am one.  I guess Sydney shouldn't be such a desirable place to visit.  


above: Sydney Harbour Bridge 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment