Friday, January 15, 2016

Noah's Ark?

Hi there

A friend and I got to thinking about Noah's Ark.

"How come," mused my friend, "that whenever there's a depiction of Noah's Ark, there are always a couple of giraffes sticking their necks out from the roof?  There are no giraffes in the middle east."

There might have been in those days," I said.  I mused for a bit.  "The giraffes would get really wet heads."

"And wouldn't the rain get into the Ark through the open hatch?  The Ark would get flooded.  Noah wouldn't be able to call a plumber."

"He would call on God,"  I said.

"God's Irish,"  My friend was pretty sure on this point. She referenced the magnificent tale 'The Unicorn" as sung by The Irish Rovers -

"Now God seen some sinnin' and it caused him pain
And he said 'Stand back, I'm going to make it rain.'
And he said, 'Hey Brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do -
Build me a floating zoo'."

As my friend joyfully warbled away on an exact recreation of the song, the accent she put on was so thick it could be cut with a knife.

And that, of course, settles the age-old question;  God is definitely Irish ...




No comments:

Post a Comment