Thursday, March 9, 2017

Surviving a Cold

Hi there

"I've got a cold," I croaked to a friend, via the telephone.

"Oh, keep away from me, then," was my friend's instant reaction.

I felt I should have been wearing a bell around my neck and chanting, "Unclean, unclean..."

It was so annoying that here I was with just a foot into Autumn, barking like a seal, nose dripping like a tap, and a throat so hoarse that when I answered the phone my friend thought she'd dialled the wrong number and got some croaking old man

And nobody is totally sympathetic over a cold.  A cold is in the same paddock as a stubbed toe or a sprained thumb.  If I had called my cold a virus perhaps, or a "condition", or the flu, I might have got some sympathy

So, I'll just settle down in bed with my Throaties, and my lemon barley water, and my nostrils stuffed with tissues, and my headache, and no lamp-light cause I cant stand the glare, and my aching body, and my hacking cough ... and try to get through the next few days.

Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment