Friday, April 27, 2018

Those CBD malls in Melbourne

Hi there

There are three big malls in Melbourne CBD and lots of alleyways and lanes that house quaint little shops and cafes.

I could walk from one mall to the other quite easily.

Quite easily?  Well, I'm not too sure about that.

I was lost in one of them.  I think it was Emporium.  But where was the exit/entrance?  Had I escalated up?  Down?  Was I on the same floor I arrived on?  I hiked around the floor.  And around again.  I went down a floor, then up a floor.  All the shops were posh, the products expensive.  I was too scared to look in a window in case I got charged a look fee.

Ah, here was a concierge!  If I've spelt this right (or even wrong), I know the word is French.  In a  normal average mall, the counter would read 'information'.

"Hello. (darn, perhaps I should have said 'bonjour'?).  Could you tell me where the exit is please?"

"It's behind you."

Of course it was.  The same thing happens to me in supermarkets.  After I've been searching for the product for what seems like hours, I finally ask an assistant and I'm told the product is behind me.  It's a talent I have of miraculously being able to stand in front of the exact thing I want but not realising it's there.
above:  Inside a tiny section of the Emporium (I hope!) Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment