Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Wellington taxis

Hi there

My plane from Melbourne was running late and it got me home to Wellington about 1 am.

I had to go through the usual stress and worry over getting a taxi.  Drivers hate me because I live about a four minute drive away from the airport.

During those four minutes, last weekend,  my taxi driver told me that he'd been waiting in line an hour and a half for my lone plane to come in and that he could have been getting a bigger taxi fare from people who lived in the outer suburbs -

"But I'm not complaining," he said.

Well, dear reader, he not-complained five times on that short journey.  Even as I paid him, he was still telling me, parrot-like, that he was not complaining.

I was so ashamed that I had taken up so little of his time that I gave the driver a $5 tip.  But  I'm not complaining.  Much.

###

More Melbourne pics:

below: my dessert plate at Observatory buffet restaurant


below:  walking along South Bank, I came across these structures


below: at the Viking exhibit, Melbourne Museum.  Weapons.



No comments:

Post a Comment