Friday, September 7, 2018

Reading in Bed

Hi there



I love to read in bed.  For hours.  It's essential that I have a light that shines down on my book, pamphlet, newspaper, crossword, or Kindle.

It's surprising how few hotels or motels allow me to do this.  Hotels in Las Vegas, in particular, are horrendous for a reader.

All of the seven Strip hotels I've stayed at in Vegas have big lamps on side tables (see above photo from an LV holiday).  The lampshades force the bulb to shine directly downward.  Reading is hopeless because there aren't any ceiling lights either.  I can't even move the lamps closer toward the bed because most are glued onto the tables ...

But I guess in Vegas I should be out kicking up my heels, dancing the night away,drinking out of golden slippers, and gambling to infinity and beyond.  Oh dear, I am such a waste in Sin City.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment