Thursday, September 13, 2018

Romantic Book Endings

Hi there
.
Yes, okay, it's easy to guess the ending of most romance books.  The heroine meets the hero in chapter 1 and by the epilogue, the pair are married and probably have a couple of kiddies splashing around in a swimming pool whilst the lovebirds watch the scene indulgently from patio loungers while sipping cocktails.

But if a plot is slightly unusual, I am a whizz at guessing who's going to marry who.  My friends marvel at my romantic insight.

After the fourth Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire -  I was conducting a Harry Potter quiz at a national science fiction and fantasy convention.  I confided to the room that even though we were only up to book four with three more books to go,  I thought that Harry would end up marrying Ron's kid sister, Ginny. ( I didn't like to reveal that I'd decided on this by the end of  book 1)

"No, No!" shouted the horrified quiz winner.  "Harry loves Cho Chang-"

There were nods of agreement from the others in the room-

So, a pat on the back for me because Harry did marry Ginny.   I guess romance fans know just what signs to look for ...




Pssst, it's all Secret Squirrel and please don't tell anybody,  but for the first time in several years I really had trouble thinking up a subject for this week's blog.   Shhhhhh....





No comments:

Post a Comment