Saturday, November 10, 2018

Olivia Newton-John

Hi there

Olivia Newton-John was never A Big Thing in my life.  She was 'just there', you know?  Way in the background behind Elvis, and Cliff, and dozens of other stars from my rock'n'roll youth.

I did have one intense dislike period and that was when Olivia dumped Bruce Welch of my fave guitar group, The Shadows.  She left him for better fields (namely the USA), and my young heart wept over Bruce's sadness!

A couple of years ago, I went to her show in Las Vegas.  My goodness, she was fantastic!  I hadn't realised she'd had so many hit songs.  She was in great singing mode, so  beautiful and vibrant, and still wonderfully Australian.   I mentally congratulated her clothes stylist; I wanted those clothes.  I craved to strut down Lambton Quay, here in Wellington, in her boots, and that sassy going-out-on-the-town outfit. 

It's sad that Olivia's health issues have resurfaced.  She's so brave as, of course, are many ladies in the same position facing the future with grit, determination, and fortitude ...




No comments:

Post a Comment