Friday, March 29, 2019

those short haircuts!

Hi there

"I want my hair cut short," I said to the stylist.  Summer was approaching and my long-ish locks needed cutting.  I was going to swim a lot and long hair was not conducive to daily sea-swimming and quick-drying.

But like millions of people before me, and no doubt millions of others after me, I ended up with ultra-short hair.   I was devastated.

The next time I went to the hair stylist, I said, "I want my hair cut short.  But not too short."

"I understand," said the stylist.

I got ultra-short again.

And I remembered that years ago a work colleague got her hair cut so short, a buzz cut if you will, that she immediately ran out of the stylists and across the road to a department store to buy a wig.  She arrved back at work from her lunch-break, in tears and trembling.  "I only asked for my hair to be cut shorter," she wailed. "I didn't want to be bald!"

Ever the optomist, a few months ago I was determined to try again -

This time I said to the stylist, "I just want a trim."

But I got an ultra-short haircut.

Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment