Friday, June 21, 2019

I've had my glaucoma surgery!

Hi there

21 June

Right up until the last minute, the hospital staff were examining me for the dreaded lurgy.  All through the previous night I'd put myself through an intensely long session of self hypnosis/meditation/positive thinking/call it what you will.  I kept telling myself that from the moment I walked into that hospital I wouldn't have a stuffy runny nose.  And when the time came,  I didn't! 

My blood pressure, heart, pulse were all good.  I padded into the operating room in my Wellington Hospital robe, pj' s, chiffon booties, sideless shirt and shower cap. But I felt so cheated because in movies the patients are always wheeled in on comfortable beds accompanied by gorgeous George Clooney-looking doctors whispering sweet nothings in their ear and a full orchestra somewhere on the sidelines playing the theme from Titanic.   Well, that's how it should have been, anyway.

Everything worked out ok.  But my eye felt like there was a load of grit in it for hours afterwards.  The after-care is going to be intensive.  I will be taking thirteen (count 'em, thirteen!) eye drops a day for goodness knows how many weeks, and there will be quite a few visits to the hospital.

####

Shortest Day swim today, and I couldn't go. My swimming pal J went, and I was so jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment