Saturday, June 15, 2019

Raumati break

Hi there

Sunday, NZ time

Last week, I spent a few nights in Raumati, about 45 minutes "up the line" from Wellington.  I went for lots of lovely walks on Raumati Beach, visited several cafes, caught another cold....

I cannot believe that I was four days free of my last head cold and, then, I come down with another one!  I figured I was free of a cold for my glaucoma surgery on Wed19th, but now I'm in the fifth day of a stuffy nose, I'm beside myself with stress.   A decision by the hospital will have to be made over the next day or two.

As I was walking along Raumati Beach, passersby kept telling me about this weird tree stump that had recently washed up on the shore, with some sort of living shells on it.  One little boy said the tree stump was like a seal.  When he touched a shell, other shells sort of shrunk away.



below: view from my rented holiday home at Raumati Beach.  That's Kapiti Island.




No comments:

Post a Comment