Thursday, March 12, 2020

Melbourne and After

Hi there

I was so scared taking the plane to Melbourne because I still have this cough, left over from last November.  I had my doctor write me a letter saying it was an acute cough and nothing to do with the Corona Virus.  Luckily, I got through Melbourne Airport without coughing.

However, I was wearing this clumpy ankle brace (stupid sprained ankle).  The brace had the maker's logo in some sort of metal on the front of it and I got stopped in Melbourne as I went through the x-ray machine.  Staff came running.   My brace was swabbed for explosves, then I was taken to the side and swabbed twice more for drugs.  I was highly indignant.  I would have enjoyed it more if they had been filming for "Border Security".  Darn.

Melbourne, itself, wasnt that spectacular for me because I couldn't walk very well.  I went to three shows, two of which I had a seat in the dress circle.  And no lift to get up there.  I tell you, my four readers, that I took for.....ever to get up and down those stairs.

Tell you what, though -  thank you, Thin Lizzy concealer:  you saved my days, otherwise I would have been walking through Melbourne with two black eyes.




###

This weekend is the first anniversary of the horrendous killings at the Mosque in Christchurch.  I cannot understand how some people can have no empathy for others.  My heart goes out to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment