Friday, June 19, 2020

Love at First Sight

Hi there

I wonder if my four readers believe in love at first sight?  I don't know if I do?

But when I was 17 years old I brought a friend, Rose, along with me to my archery club. I explained about bows, arrows, quivers, goals, and I told her about safety measures and distances to stand.  I didn't tell her anything about the dark-haired handsome young man at the end of the line waiting for the start whistle, bow and arrow at the ready.

Rose saw him.  She turned to me.  "See that boy, at the end there?  I'm going to marry him."

 Huh?

She asked him how he'd hand-made the shoulder quiver that held the arrows...

and she did marry him.   I was bridesmaid.

I guess you could say the pair were all a quiver (boom boom!) over each other.

Who needed Cupid?








No comments:

Post a Comment