Saturday, June 27, 2020

okay, so I've got a torn cartilage ... that don't upset me much (fibber)

Hi there

My ankle is ... better than it was three months ago when I tripped over the kerb in Te Papa's carpark.  But ... I still have trouble getting down steps.

I'm leaping up those steps like a demented mountain goat.  I would most definitely pass the hospital's criteria (loosely interpreted) of  "we probably won't give you an operation unless you can walk up 40 steps without collapsing".    But I come down steps with a slow sideways crab-like motion that hurts like hell.  And it so annoys me that I have to place both feet on every step before I can progress further.

 I crave to be that demented mountain goat as I leap down the steps, as well as going up them.  I'm practising on outside steps around the Miramar area.  So, if any of my four readers see a fixated senior working her way agonisingly  (and cursing with it - bugger!), up and down the same steps over and over, well, it's just me.  Have pity.





above:  by public vote the "Bugger!" tv advert has just been deemed the no 1 favourite advert over the past ten years.









No comments:

Post a Comment