Sunday, October 18, 2020

Future artefacts

 Hi there

Whenever I'm wrapping up leftovers to be put in the rubbish bin, or throwing out my old treasures,  I often wonder if some archeologist in a future millenia will dig my stuff up, analyse it, and put it in a museum, with completely the wrong interpretation of its history.  

What will historians make of my 1958 Cliff Richard & The Shadows Fan Club badge?  Will they think it's about a group of fan collectors wanting to keep cool?  

And how about all those diaries of mine?  Will my diaries end up like those written by Samuel Pepys, revered by generations because I wrote about normal everyday happenings?

I'll just bet the rubber wristband with "Live Long and Prosper" circled around it will really and truly stump future archeologists.  Maybe they'll think it a religious mantra?  And ... goodness, perhaps it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment