Saturday, December 5, 2020

David Jones Department Store, Wellington

Hi there

 Recently, I was in David Jones Department Store, here in Wellington.  The mother store is in Australia. 

They have notices on every floor, giving all the Covid-19 rules as pertaining to their stores.  Now, you have to remember that New Zealand has been community-free over covid transmission for months - 



As a shop assistant approached me, asking to be of help, I  hurriedly glanced at my watch and said "Oh goodness, no, I've been in the store 35 minutes.  I have to leave, right now, immediately - I don't want to be arrested..."  I made to race away from the assistant.  It turned out that the assistant wasn't aware that, according to the notices, David Jones' 30 minute rule for shopping in the store was still officially operating.

I think I'm the only customer who has read the rules in a long time.   The rules were probably made for the Australian stores.  Everyone stays in the Wellington store as long as they like, the cafe is open, and keeping one's distance is a thing of the past.


above: christmas tree in the square beside David Jones Department Store, Wellington 


PS:  Its three days since I wrote the above.  In that time David Jones have taken down all their signs.


No comments:

Post a Comment