Friday, December 18, 2020

Another holiday

 Hi there

Yes, I've just returned from (another) holiday.  One week in Nelson.  I stayed at Tahunanui, just across the road from the beach.  

I went across to Kaiteriteri for a day, and got my back sunburnt!  Oh dear, for the next five days I had to wear a jacket when I was swimming or beach-siitting. 

I hired a car.  A beautiful white one.  It was so beautiful that I told myself "The next time it's parked in a good position, I'll take a photo of it in all it's magnificence."

And the time came.  I'd returned to the Tahunanui beach parking area and my car was glistening snowdrop-white in the sunlight.  I took a photo from this direction, and that direction, purring over what a wonderful photographer I was, and how great the car looked.

"Excuse me - "  A guy came up to me, his partner and two kids trailing behind, like ducklings.  "Why are you taking pictures of my car?"

Oops.....

Loaded in embarrassment I explained the situation, we all laughed and I slunk away to my (suddenly) quite plain, smaller and more dust-laden car.





above:  low tide at Tahunanui Beach (a 20 minute walk to the sea.  Can you see the sea?)

above:  Tahunanui Beach, dog-friendly area.  This dog was obviously digging for his bone!! 



above:  in the grounds of the River Cafe in Nelson, there is a water pistol.  I figure it was there to scare off the birds determined to filch food from the outside diners' plates.





No comments:

Post a Comment