Saturday, June 12, 2021

That little thing that irks me

 Hi there

I wonder if my four readers have any little thing that truly irks them.

I'm not talking about climate change, or politics, or world peace but ... well... for instance -

I'm short.  On the imperial ruler scale, I'm 5ft 1 inch tall.  When I carry home my full shopping bag from the local supermarket my bag tends to drag along on the ground beside me.  If I were just 2 inches taller or wore stilettos  this wouldn't happen.  The bag would swing jauntily above the pavement.

I always have to shoulder-carry my bag and it tends to slip frequently down my arm.  Or I clutch the bag to my warm and ample bosom and I end up with melted ice cream.

Oh, I so wish I were taller ..

****

19 July

Hi again.   I've just watched Susan Calman, Scottish comedian, on her travel documentary Grand Day Out.  You'll never believe this, but she said that what irks her is that her shopping bags drag on the ground!  She's only 4ft 11 so her problem is 2 inches shorter than mine.  And I thought I was the only person in the world with the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment