Sunday, July 4, 2021

Dentists, oh noooo....

Hi there

I don't like dentists.  Never have, I know I never will.  It all started when I was a child and had to go to The Dental Clinic in Upper Willis Street, Wellington.  I cried and carried on, and ducked and swerved away from the dental nurses (no male dentists).  They threatened to put me in "the blue room".  I never did find out what "the blue room" was about but I visualised a locked room that was completely dark with one blue light bulb glowing from the ceiling.  All the good kids who behaved in the rows of dental chairs got little rolls of wadding made up into figures.  I always wanted one, never got one.

Today I went to the dentists.  I had to fill in a form.  One of the questions was something like "do you have anxiety issues at the dentist?"  I ticked 'yes'. and circled it, and put a square around the circle, and added an extra tick.

It was just a check-up appointment....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment