Saturday, July 10, 2021

"Let's Go" - New Zealand tv pop show, early 1960's

Hi there

Way back in the 1960's, my friend and I were absolutely pop music fans.  We knew all the music played weekly on radio's Lever Hit Parade (all 7 songs plus a 'suggeston').  

Television was new to New Zealand, and we had our own tv series - "Let's Go  - with NZ singers.  My friend and I managed, after a lot of sly wrangling, to secure entry tickets for the show which ran from Wellington.

The audience's job was to stand around the individual podium singers and bop along to the music.  My mum pointed out to me that the entire time I was standing beside singer Herma Keil, I was mouthing the words with him.  I was mortified by this.  It wasn't cool at all.



above: ticket to get in to the  NZ tv show "Let's Go"

No comments:

Post a Comment