Saturday, August 21, 2021

Covid Delta in New Zealand

 Hi there

Well, the virus has finally hit New Zealand in a way vastly diffferent from a year ago when we managed to stamp out community transmission.  

We're in lockdown.  Some American outlets were making jokes about us locking down when we only had one official case, but  the virus is sprouting substantially every day.   It started in Auckland, moved to the Coromandel, maybe en route down to Wellington, and now half a dozen cases actually in Wellington (my suburb, Miramar, included).

I couldn't find a supermarket slot to order my groceries online so I had to chance going around the corner  to New World supermarket.  I must have looked like a Yeti, with only my eyes exposed against all my cover-up clothing.  Mask and gloves the latest fashion accessory.

There was no fighting over toilet rolls at the supermarKet but if there had been a jar of Mango Chutney left, I might have engaged in a polite argument.  

for ongoing information about New Zealand's fight against the latest Covid variant see www.stuff.co.nz.

Be kind ....

No comments:

Post a Comment