Sunday, August 29, 2021

Lockdown Boredom

Hi there

My friend and I were talking over the phone.   "Anything exciting happened during lockdown?" she asked.

I thought hard.  "Um...."  I couldn't think of anything.  "What about you?  Any mind-blowing adventures?"

"No," she said.

"Oh, wait-!"  I suddenly remembered something.   "I got a dozen eggs delivered from Countdown -"

"Pffft, that's not adventurous.  Or exciting."

"Out of the 12 eggs, I got three double-yolks," I said proudly.

"Wow....."


I understand now:  the slightest - extremely-slightest - piece of information heard during lockdown is absolutely rivetting when nothing else is happening.   It's akin  to when the tv news people talk incessantly about the weather when they're short of sport or politics, usually in early January and, we the public, hang on every word.


Stand by for an update on when I next do my ironing* ,,,.


*As if I'd do ironing, now or in the past.  Pfffft.....

No comments:

Post a Comment