Saturday, September 11, 2021

11 September

 It's been 20 Years today (NZ time) since The World Trade Centre attack.

In NZ it was the early hours of the morning and I couldn't sleep.  Most of the country would have been asleep.   I turned on tv, the BBC News.  It  was always on through the night.  

I saw live shots from New York.  A  plane had hit a building.  A dreadful  air accident.  I wanted desperately to talk to someone. But I couldn't ring my friends at about two in the morning.

As I watched - live - a second plane hit a second building ...  

...then a plane crashed into the Pentagon ...   Another  plane fell into a field ..

And I was crying...

And I couldn't imagine that there could be such cruel people in the world to cause this destructuon.







No comments:

Post a Comment