Friday, December 17, 2021

Never lose your SuperGold Card

 Hi there

In town, exactly one week ago, I couldn't find my SuperGold Card. I'd had the card to get into town, but where was it now?  Oh, no, there went my free bus pass, shop discounts, cheaper doctor visits ...


After standing at the bus stop, and clawing frantically through my bag in a not-very-productive first search, I decided that I needed somewhere to sit calmly to conduct a more thorough hunt for my card.  I ended up emptying out the entire contents of my shoulder bag onto the floor in a fitting room at David Jones' Department Store, a couple of inconsequential dresses on a clothes rack behind me.  Well, I needed an excuse for privacy, right?

But, nope.  Still no card.  I paid cash to get back to Miramar on the bus.  At home, there was a message on my answerphone.  My card had been handed in at Wellington Central Police Station!  Wow, and thanks so much to the anonymous finder.


No comments:

Post a Comment