Sunday, January 23, 2022

Plumbers ...plus public holidays

 Hi there

I guess you're wondering if plumbers and public holidays are a good match?  Aw, go on, you were wondering that, weren't you?

Well, I can enlighten you.

No.  They're not a good match.

On the day after New Year's Day, a public holiday here in New Zealand, I ran the bath water.  Ah, yes, after an exhaustive power walk, there's nothing as wonderful - ahhh, yessss bliss - as a deep warm bubble bath.  

But ... The handle of the tap came off in my hand as I turned it on.  Boiling hot water gushed into the bath from the neck of the tap.    What-?!!!

I couldn't fit the handle back into place.  I pulled out the bath plug, and rushed to call a plumber.

I tried seven plumbers, each one -  in screaming letters in The Yellow Pages - promised to fix my problem "24 hours a day, seven days a week" .

All seven plumbers were on holiday.  The wild hot waterfall of a hot  tap was still running....

Thank goodness for a neighbour with a wrench.



No comments:

Post a Comment