Saturday, January 1, 2022

Such heat..

 Hi there

I was at the beach today in terrible 28c heat, with no famous Wellington wind, and lots and lots of swimmers, sun-bathers, paddle-boarders, boogie-boarders, and kayakers (guess what many families got for Christmas?). It was sooooo hot.  I shouldn't really have been there between 11am and 1 pm.

I was reading the back of my Sun-block and saw that it wasn't effective if the temperature got to over 25c.  What?  How about hot  countries like Greece and Italy?  Or Las Vegas when it hit 40c over a couple of days I was there?  

Today I was swaddled up in coverings.  I looked like a mummy.   I got my back and shoulders quite burnt last week (Curse you, stupid sun!).  First time I've had such sunburn since I was a child.

It all reminded me of that old Noel Coward song from the 1930s - Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun 


🌞🌞🌞




No comments:

Post a Comment