Sunday, June 19, 2022

Getting health jabs

 Hi there

I often wonder about what would have happened if I hadn't taken certain medical jabs, ones that I'd forgotten I'd even taken in the first place.

When I was in a remote little cowboy town in Nevada, I got bitten by a feral burro (donkey) who wanted my lunch and had backed me up against the saloon wall (hint to my four readers: never ever accept the packed lunch provided by a tour company when you're anywhere near a burro, especially in a replica western town where burros are allowed to wander anywhere).

Back home, my GP assured me that the tetanus jab I'd had eight years before, and didn't even remember getting, still had two years to run. I was safe from feral burros.  Whew...

The same thing when I rang him five years previously after having injured my finger on a rusty saw whilst pruning a fig tree.  I'd forgotten then, too, that I'd had that tetanus jab.

 I read now that travellers who had the smallpox jab in the 1960's may be a teeny bit resistant to monkeypox.   That's me!

I'm ruminating over what other helpful jabs I've had in my long life that I've completely forgotten about?











No comments:

Post a Comment