Saturday, June 4, 2022

What will our descendents not like about us?

 Hi there

I often wonder what our great great great great and onward grand-children will think of things that have given us pleasure but by the year 3000 be thought of as ... repulsive.

Coffee, as a for instance.  You know how we have been trained to look down our noses at cigarette smokers?  I figure children of the next millennium will be horrified by our generation's love for caffeine. 

And bread.  When I was young, I read a short story set in the future.  The plotline was about paying a mighty price on the black market for a sandwich, and dealing with shady characters in dark alley negotiations just to buy one.  I think the only alternative was pills or paste. 

My two favourite foods are sandwiches and low calorie caffeinated  Coke. I have tried dozens of times to quit both.  My usually three-week Coke withdrawal anger put fear into my dentist when I visited him during week 2.  He made me promise never to come to him again during withdrawal.

I would never attempt to quit Coke and cheese sandwiches at the same time.  My snarling anger at everybody in my vicinity from the postie, to the guy at the dairy, to my closest friends would be a sight not to behold.  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry....



 



No comments:

Post a Comment