Saturday, May 28, 2022

My bubble bath

 Hi there


Today I walked halfway around the Miramar Peninsula.  I got back home sweaty and worn out.  

 "A bath!  All I want is a bath -"
 
I put in the plug, turned on the taps, splashed in some bubble bath, and went away...

I returned about ten minutes later to turn off the taps.

 "wha-!"

 I couldn't turn the cold tap off. No matter how hard I tried.

 "No,no,noooooo."

 I pulled out The plug.   The water was pouring furiously into the bath, pouring in faster than it was pouring out.

I helplessly watched the bubbles rising.  And rising.   I had memories of a few months back when I couldn't get the bath's hot tap to turn off.

I raced outside in my foxy-patterned socks, and my ancient only-wear-around-the-house dress.  I pounded on my neighbour's door.  "Please, please, have you got a spanner?  Or a strong husband?"

 Thanks, husband.  He saved the day but not before the bubbles had  reached halfway up my bathroom wall.  I thought for a moment I was in a "Carry On"movie.

Sigh.  I better call the plumber.  Yet again.



No comments:

Post a Comment