Thursday, July 21, 2022

After my glaucoma surgery

 Hi there

I'm still having trouble seeing print, still guessing  as to what's on a screen, especially if I can't make the on-screen print into bigger size,  but at least I can see the keyboard on my Kindle Fire tablet and I guess that's something, yeah?

I must admit I was upset when I made a diced pineapple toastie instead of a diced apple one; it came out of the toastie machine as a sodden mess.  I used to love doing Arrowords (crossword magazine) every day but can't see the words anymore. Alphabet letters and numbers are still in double vision.  I stepped into the road this week without seeing an approaching car, it missed me by a whisker. 

It's annoying when I watch tv and the main character brings out a note to read.  The camera focuses on the note, and I can't read it.  If I'm lucky, by the time I leap up from the sofa and all but press my nose to the screen, the note will still be there for me to interpret.

Mustn''t grumble.  Mustn''t grumble - oh, wait, that's exactly what I'm doing...  Sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment