Thursday, July 28, 2022

Wellington Blown Away Sign

Hi there

Even though I've been passing our welcome to Wellington sign that is between the foot of the airport runway and the entrance to the Miramar Cutting practically every day, I've never really registered it lately.  The sign used to be done in a silver colour (except when the vampire movie "What we do in the Shadows" movie was playing in Wellington, and the letters of the word 'Wellington' were blood-spattered).  It's now pastel rainbow colouring.



 


I love it when I pass the sign and see tourists posing in front of it for photos, and I feel such an idiot for not realising it was now coloured.  I wrote a piece on the sign being set into place some years back on this blog.

The sign is called "Wellington Blown Away" because the style of the wording looks like the word is being blown away.  Wellington is known as Windy Wellington.

***

My eyesight is getting better.  Last week, I had the printing of my Kindle on really big print, now I've dropped it down a couple of levels.  And, as of yesterday, I can - with a bit of squinting - do crosswords from my beloved Arrowords magazines.  So, touch wood that my eyesight will get better - oh, wait, I don't have any wood around me to touch.   How embarrassing that I'm like that touch wood advert  (re  getting health jabs) on tv where the actors are all frantically trying to find wood to touch because it will no doubt save them from catching flu or covid. 



No comments:

Post a Comment