Saturday, March 18, 2023

Misinterpretation

 Hi there

When I was on My Great South Island Road Trip last month, I popped into a Queenstown pharmacy to buy some cream to combat sandflies (wish there'd been something for Duckage).  I handed over my loyalty card.

"You've got $10 off because of your loyalty card,"  said the pharmacist.  "Do you want to take the money off now?  Or you can save it for another time.  Shall I take it off?'

"Yes please," I said.  "Take it off."

Two female pharmacy assistants sprang out from nowhere, danced around the pharmacist waving their arms and chanting "Take it off!  Take it off!  Woo-hoo, take it off-"

The pharmacist blushed.  I guessed he'd been this route before.  Harassment, much?


above: Queenstown main beach.  Did I get the Duckage (see previous posts) swimming here?


above:  one of the many one-way bridges on the West Coast of the South Island.  It was after Haast.  Misty, raining (of course)


above:  Shining Star Holiday Park, on Hokitika Beach.  My en suite/kitchen cabin is in the back ground, right side. Aww, they have Alpacas. 


Me on Hokitika Beach, in front of Shining Star.  The West Coast rain stopped for an hour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment