Saturday, December 23, 2023

Embarrassed much?

 Hi there

About ten years back I was trying on some sandals at The Warehouse when suddenly I got this electricity sort of thing zapping through the side of my body and down my leg.  I couldn't change my position from where I was hunched over putting on a sandal.  I did a type of bunny-hop around in a little circle trying to extricate myself from the stance, one shoe on, one shoe off.  I was stuck in that pose for a couple of minutes...

When I recounted my embarrassing story, a friend said to me, "At their next staff Christmas party, you'll be on The Warehouse's funniest customer video."

Goodness, I hoped there was no such video.

But last week, I upped my embarrassment at The Warehouse by a hundred percent -

On entering the Lyall Bay shop, I made my way over to the customer counter to use the hand sanitiser.  It was in a bottle with a push nozzle.

Now, I've had trouble with this particular nozzle several times.  My aim has never been very good.  Often I've had the sanitiser liquid shoot at my chest, instead of my hands.  So this time, I turned the nozzle from me, waved my hand in front of it and pressed down the pusher.

"Owwww!"  The guy behind the counter let out a shriek as he got a direct shot of hand sanitiser right in his eye.

... I apologised.  And apologised.   And apologised...

I fully expect the episode will most definitely be on this Christmas's funniest customer video....








 


No comments:

Post a Comment