Saturday, December 16, 2023

exhibition - Dinosaurs of Patagonia

 Hi there


I went to the 'Dinosaurs of Patagonia' exhibition at Te Papa Tongarewa (Museum of New Zealand) on Friday .  Hey, I'm 'A Friend of Te Papa', so I get in to the exhibition a day ahead of the general public opening day.  And for free.  I'm spoilt that way...

I was somehow expecting to see the skeleton of one dinosaur and maybe a hundred or so photos and notices about the timelines of dinosaurs.  But, my goodness, there were lots of dinosaurs.  Big ones, small ones, medium sized ones.  With every step I took there was a bigger dinosaur mould than the one I'd just seen.  

above:  one of the medium sized dinosaurs

                          
                                              above:  that's part of a dinosaur leg behind me

I was surprised to see that the majority of the skeleton bones had been discovered within my living memory.  And yet the bones were 220 million years old.  I would have thought they would have been stumbled upon years earlier.  

A wonderful exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment