Friday, February 24, 2017

South Island trip, New Zealand

Hi there

Right, I'm back online, so let's get with some of the photos of My Big South Island Road Trip.

I took my Kindle Fire and my phone with me, neither of which took very good photos.  I forgot my camera.

I hired a car in Queenstown and I told the company that I didn't want an upgrade to a bigger car, so I ended up with their smallest car which coincidentally happened to be the same brand as my own car.  I drove the car from Queenstown to Mt Cook Village, to Lake Tekapo, to Christchurch.

On the day I was driving the route from Queenstown to Mt Cook, was the day Oprah Winfrey and Reese Witherspoon arrived in that area for filming "A Wrinkle in Time".   Our paths didn't coincide!

Here's a pic of Queenstown from the top of the gondola.


Below.  The foot of the Southern Alps.  Taken from Mt Cook Village.  I went an hour long walk.


Below: the famous church at the edge of Lake Tekapo


Such beautiful blue water in Lake Tekapo.  This picture still doesnt do the colour justice.
Below:  Guess who?  Okay, it's me!  The statue is a famous sheepdog that represents the hardworking sheepdogs in McKenzie Country (Canterbury)


Below:  Mt Cook, tallest mountain in New Zealand.


No comments:

Post a Comment