Sunday, May 5, 2024

Its only a head cold....

 Hi there

This is my second day with a cold.  People aren't sympathetic when I say I have a cold.  I should have said it was a virus or the flu.  

"You'll be okay in a day or two,' said a friend in an email. She then went straight on to mention water rates which Wellington doesn't have at the moment, but give it a few more months and we'll be paying for every glass of water (dramatic much?).

My friend wasn't overly interested when I told her that for all of last night I hadn't got a wink of sleep; I was too busy blowing my nose.  i went through a box and a half of tissues (100 tissues per box).

"Well, it's not covid," she email-answered me. As if anything less than covid was a mere trifle.  I should never have told her I'd tested negative for covid, she might have been more sympathetic.

The bright side?  I didn't eat yesterday.  Maybe I've lost so much weight I'll have a model''s figure by tomorrow? Well, a girl (snigger, snigger) can dream.

And I can't talk, my throat is shot.  I tried saying 'hello ' to my neighbour but couldn't get past the first vowel.

I think I'll keep on feeling real sorry for myself for another day or two, snuggle down in a nest of blankets with a box of tissues at my side, and just forget that the world outside of my house even exists.





No comments:

Post a Comment