Hi there
A few years back when I was down in the tourist mecca of Queenstown I bought a New Zealand-orientated t-shirt. It featured a sheep and a kiwi dressed up as astronauts:
I wore the t-shirt when I was visiting Las Vegas. And I thought everyone would get the joke about two iconic NZ creatures dressed in space suits.
But every American said to me something along the lines of: "Like your alien t-shirt."
They hadn't even registered they were looking at a sheep and a kiwi; they just thought they were looking at a couple of aliens in space attire. Made me realise that New Zealand is not exactly as well-known as we kiwis think we must be.
And let's talk about the bone tiki I wore around my neck, also in Las Vegas. This guy in a queue behind me pointed at my pendant and happily shouted, "E.T.", at the top of his lungs...

No comments:
Post a Comment