Sunday, October 25, 2015

Nothing to say

Hi there

Last week, I said to a friend, "I have nothing to say..."  I then wondered why she burst into such a laughing fit that tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"What?" I said.

I was informed by my friend, that I always had something to say.  If there was a contest for The Most Talkative Person On The Planet, I would be a winner.  Bookies would not allow bettors to partake because I would be such A Sure Thing.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, you're hilariously funny," I told my friend.  "But I can't think of anything to write about on my Blog."  It was the First Time Ever - I was mortified.  As I saw it, writing was completely different from talking.

Talking got me in trouble throughout my primary school life.  Not one day went by when I did not get The Strap, for talking.  Hey, I wonder if I could, nowadays, sue the Education Ministry? 

I could go even further back.  My mum used to repeatedly get her knuckles rapped with a ruler by her teacher for talking.   Gosh, I wonder if over-talking is somehow genetic?

Anyway, back to my blog block.  I sat in front of the computer, fingers hovering over the keys, with a completely blank mind.  Oh goodness, was this the first step towards Alzheimers? 

The hours seemingly ticked by.  I looked at my watch.  What, I'd only been sitting there for five minutes.

So, I went for a swim instead.

Then ... back to my laptop, looking at my watch again.

Eureka!-   I'd write about my watch. 

And I did write about it.  Last week.

The only trouble is, what the heck do I write about next week? 

Question?:  how long do writing blocks last?

No comments:

Post a Comment