Saturday, April 16, 2016

swims and films

Hi there
This weekend, I drove to town in my seemingly endless quest for new glasses and, yes, I did find some which I'm still not happy with, but, hey, the insurance people are paying.

I had to meet my swimming friend, J, at the beach directly after my glasses quest, but getting through town was a nightmare. Several streets were blocked off because Scarlett Johanssen was filming her new movie.  Is it called "Ghost in the Shell"?;  I'm not too sure.  Anyway, the stupid people who were organising  traffic cones obviously didn't coordinate with each other because they had us driving around and around the same block, with no obvious exit to other roads.  I wonder how long it took them to sort themselves out?

Also, I got a note in my letterbox yesterday warning me that, over the next couple of weeks, there will be night filming for "Ghost in the Shell" at the Stone Street Studios down the road from where I live.  Goodness, the movie people were so apologetic to the neighbours.  There is going to be a lot of blank gunfire and pyrotechnics with a midnight curfew most of the time except when there would be 6pm-6am filming.  Oh, it's all right though because the noise will only be for ten minutes every 30 minutes or so.

Anyway, I finally got through the traffic jam and made it to the beach.  Here are some nice pics of Hataitai Beach that I took yesterday.  J and I swim out of the bay and around the corner to the jetty.




The streets below were blocked off for the movie making.

No comments:

Post a Comment