Monday, May 22, 2017

Those insurance companies

Hi there

It had been three years but finally, at last, thank goodness, I was coming to grips with the basic technological aspects of my pretty-in-pink pre-pay mobile phone.  Hooray.

But last week, in Whakatane, I lost my phone. Noooooooo...

I rang my insurance company. "It cost me $149," I told the insurance lady.

"Stop right there-"   The insurance lady sounded smug.

Turned out my insurance excess was $250.  The company would not be buying me a new phone after all.

I politely said "thank you",  in preparation for hanging up.

"No problem," said the insurance lady.

What?  Of course it was a problem!  I was going to have to pay out for a new phone.  How on earth could she say that wasn't a problem?  It was a BIG problem-!

... I'm so over insurance companies, and I'm going out tomorrow to buy myself that new (pink) phone.   It will take me a further three years to study the ins and outs of it.  I just don't have that much living time left to squeeze in learning yet another new tech contraption.

Sigh.







No comments:

Post a Comment